Wednesday, January 21, 2015

All about Tea

First and for most I LOVE TEA!!
I drink tea all the time, all day long. It just warms me from the inside out and cold night and it's always good with a book. I don't just buy my tea at any location, I buy it at Teavana. I first came across this store in Pickering Ontario and fell in love with all the different types of teas they have. My personal favourites are Spiced Apple Cider and Dragonfruit. I've just ordered Matcha Japanese Tea, Pomegranate Cranberry Crush Herbal Tea and a Purple Morgan Stainless Steel Tea Tumbler. Did I mention I got a free sample of Maharaja/Samurai Chai Blend with Rock Sugar. Now if you haven't tried tea from Teavana yet, Please let me tell you it's AMAZING! I shop in store when I can (I live 2 hours from a store) and shop online the rest of the time. I don't even have to leave my house, that is the best part!!

There are plenty of benefits from drinking tea, 1. Drinking tea strengthens your immune system and with it being cold and flu season, this will help a lot. 2. Tea builds stronger bones, tea contains vitamin D which helps build bones. 3. Protects your heart, the antioxidant in green tea, EGCg, speeds up the recovery of heart cells. 4. Eliminate body fat, antioxidants called catechins are highest in green tea and found in low doses in black tea. Just to name a few things.

The difference between Green and Black teas
Black tea is the most processed of all the teas and has undergone an intense crushing and fermentation process. Green Tea is a lightly processed tea that is not fermented at all. The leaf is either baked, roasted, sun dried or steamed after harvesting to stop the fermentation process.

White tea
White tea leaves are the least processed and are picked and harvested while the leaf is still in bud form.

Herbal tea
If opting for an herbal tea, there are a variety to choose from these days such a mint, berry options, peach, orange, lemon, vanilla and even chocolate!

Some other teas
• Ginger tea – aiding with nausea
• Mint tea – optimizing digestion and settling stomach upset
• Berry teas – helpful in curbing night time cravings

Go and enjoy a nice hot cup of tea :)
thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment